Wow...a homeschooling friend decided to put her kids in school today. And school starts MONDAY!!! Talk about unexpected. It was just last week they were over and she was asking to borrow my history curriculum. It makes sense for her family - her husband is constantly traveling and she is tired of being a single mom 24/7. She isn't exactly happy now, and the only major variable she can change (both house and job require some advance planning) is the schooling option. So it does make sense.
But wow, what a shock!!!! And, of course, it makes me rethink my homeshooling journey. Are they learning enough, are they served well by homeschooling, is our family healthier, are we making the right decision??????? The questions just keep on going.
Now, I should acknowledge, my friend hadn't thought High School was a possibility, so it was always a question of "when" to put them back in school. For me, HS IS a possibility, if we are all getting along and the kids are self motivated enough to do the required HS work.
Anyway, I made DH go through an hour of looking at the kids bookwork that I have selected - and we have been using - to make sure we are A - OK. Yes, I do realize these are probably normal concerns of a HSing mom. But my friends change to school was so unexpected I needed a reality check!
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment