Dude says to me this evening...
"You know, today was a great day. I had fun at tennis, school was even kinda fun, I had fun washing your car. Shopping wasn't too fun, but it was OK."
SCHOOL was even kinda fun? Is that really my son? We had a long talk this week, about hopes for homeschooling, friends going to school, what I need from them, and why I picked the curricula I picked. Don't know how long this positive attitude will last. Maybe as long as I keep consistent with starting school at 8 a.m., or a set time in the p.m. when we have a.m. fun activities. Maybe as long as I keep the extra activities to the super fun, and not the boring / frustrating / etc. Maybe as long as I am consistent on my requirements and they realize how much they need to do. We shall see.
But in the end, today was a great day!
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment